Skills: Barge Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
Aldelia is a world-leading Human Resources advisory firm, a leader in professional recruitment services. Founded in 2005, Aldelia is currently present and operating in more than 30 countries worldwide. Our tailor-made and successful recruitment solutions are designed to proactively respond to clients' needs at all levels. We offer highly targeted services to blue-chip multinationals and SMEs from multiple business sectors. Aldelia is your partner if you are looking for outstanding services in the placement of permanent and temporary positions.
We are looking to fill the position of a Barge Master
This position reports to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM).
LOCATION: Offshore location.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated the ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the drilling unit.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Supervises the Assistant Barge Supervisor, Ballast Control Operator (BCO), Deck Pusher, and Paint Supervisor.
- Ensure that all marine aspects of the rig's operations are carried out in accordance to statutory and regulatory controls and guidelines.
- Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.
- Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions advice OIM on conditions likely to affect drilling operations and seaworthiness of the rig.
- Ensure that accurate calculation of load distribution and weights for daily stability reports are maintained.
- Coordinate all helicopter and supply boat traffic - supervise the movement of materials and personnel to and from the rig.