Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83592
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Provides potential solutions to complex issues.
• Reviews the work of designers developing documents as needed for the project.
• Acts as a field resource to assist construction in field resolution on issues.
• Possesses advanced AutoCAD skills and is able to design and draft advanced electrical drawings.
• Ability to properly size cables and raceways.
• Performs layout of electrical equipment in electrical buildings
• Proficient in 3D modeling with some supervision.
• Acts independently to utilize industry and company standards to design effectively. No supervision required to apply standard correctly to design.
• Reviews application of standards and can make suggestions on improvements needed
• Serves as a resource to department, projects and construction.
• Identifies changes in scope of work during small to mid-sized projects and produces drawing changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Balances individual performance requirements with the demands for team participation.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Develop cable schedules, power plans, grounding plans, schematics, interconnects and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups.
• Design duct bank, cable tray and lighting systems from concept to completion utilizing sketches or mark-ups from the senior design staff.
• Analyze, inspect, and construct designs while adhering to electrical quality standards and procedures.
• Review vendor documentation and comment as it applies to client and project needs.
• Complete as-builts by utilizing Request for Information (RFIs), Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction.
• Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or High School diploma +6 months-1 year of experience as a minimum.
• 2+ year minimum relevant experience in refining or petrochemical industry.
• Self directs work with limited supervision.
• Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced designers.
• Leads small team to complete task/design on project.
• Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and construction.
• Experience utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, Navis Works) and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems; thorough understanding of spreadsheets and databases.
• Experience with SmartPlant preferred.
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Banking, Engineering, Finance