As a Field Service Engineer - Mechanical, you will be an expert in rotating equipment, focused on site activities management such as planning, man-power resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirements.Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the service managers based in Baker Hughes offices.
- Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and Baker Hughes Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
- Follow up all quality aspects according to six sigma approach and Baker Hughes QA manual and procedures.
- Coordination and management of contracted Baker Hughes contracted manpower (when applicable)
- Effective communication to HQs, through company e-tools (NCM, e-SMS).
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent business experience.
- 5+ years related work experience in Oil & Gas industry maintenance or installation field activities
- Strong knowledge of Reciprocating Compressor Equipments and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, gas system, etc)
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (RC section dwg; RC and auxiliaries construction dwg; P&ID)
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Oil & Gas HQ, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Good knowledge of English language
- Availability to frequently travel worldwide (on and off-shore)
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal & organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Good knowledge of rotating equipment
- Good experience in gas turbine and compressor maintenance inspection
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Equipment Installation and Maintenance philosophy.
- Laser alignment device knowledge
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more