Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Manage the buying process for a given set of Goods and Services for Indirect. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Manage multiple Indirect commodities (Engineering services, R&D, IT, MRO, Facilities, Utilities, T&L, Contract Labor, Logistics, Fixtures & Tooling's etc.) across a region, defines local strategy to align with global strategy
- Develop & execute global sourcing strategies at the local level that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives, supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meets the business needs
- Single point of contact businesses & contracts finalization falling under that project.
- Negotiate, Finalize and placement of PO/contract, Selection and Evaluation of Vendor
- Working with Cross-functional teams - Legal, Finance, Facility, EHS & also the corporate team for processes and bring in quick closures, which are related to sourcing CTQ
- Collaborate with modalities, functions, EHS and Engineering in setting realistic and challenging operational goals, and lead to their accomplishment
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Works together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Buying/Procurement.
- Good knowledge in data analysis and must be proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint & SAP
- Willingness and ability to travel
- The candidate should have proven track record of developing and implementing Sourcing processes and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability