Baker Hughes Bently Nevada product line has been synonymous with machinery protection and condition monitoring and is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment. The company maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial canter's of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in industries from refineries and petrochemical plants to hydroelectric facilities and wind farms.Essential Responsibilities:
The Systems & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for the installation, commissioning and fault finding for the full range of hardware and software products in the Baker Hughes Bently Nevada product portfolio. Primarily customers will be associated with the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries internationally and may be located both onshore and offshore.
The position will be based in Italy (Milan).Responsibilities include:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Installation and commissioning of Bently Nevada hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
- Troubleshoot existing Bently Nevada hardware and software installations on-site.
- Provide technical assistance to customers on site as needed.
- Provide on-the-job training to customer employees as needed
- Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-trades, and machine disassembly/reassembly.
- Maintain accurate timesheets and acquire customer's signature on timesheets before leaving the job site
- Write accurate and detailed reports after completion of each job.
- Maintain a working and operational knowledge of all Bently Nevada hardware and software.
- Monitor and manage site safety during job execution
- Deliver classroom training to customers.
- Support sales as needed to prepare offers to existing and potential customers.
- A college degree is required. A University BSs degree is desirable.
- Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach".
- Available for extensive travel, and significant over-time.
- Willingness to travel within Italy with occasional other international assignments will be required.
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
- Italian and English language skills both written and oral.
- 3 years' experience in industry (energy and/or oil & gas).
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand mechanical prints.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
- Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services.
- Good familiarity with computer network systems. Expertise in computer networks and cybersecurity will be considered as a differentiator.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more