Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently recruiting for a Senior HSSE Advisor based in Aberdeen for a duration of 1 year.
The Senior HSE Advisor (Chrysaor Contract) works within the Client Office and supports the Health Safety and Environment Department (HSE), providing support for the business and Contract delivery by ensuring the implementation of the HSE management systems.
The Senior HSE Advisor is responsible for ensuring a proactive approach to HSE management including goal setting, planning, development and implementation of processes; and providing monitoring and assurance to line and functional leadership on the effectiveness of the implementation.
Attaining a sustainable incident free workplace and environment requires a strong commitment from leadership, management and all individuals. The Senior HSE Advisor is responsible for providing the support and guidance required to achieve this by promoting an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to HSE goals and engages all Contract team members.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that engages all team members in continuous HSE improvement.
- Provide HSE assistance and advice to onshore and offshore Contract Team.
- Facilitate proactive HSE engagement and communication between onshore and offshore teams across all sites, including facilitation of cross-asset 3 Weekly HSE Calls.
- Proactive engagement with Client HSE Team to ensure collaborative approach to HSE management on the Contract.
- Regularly conduct Safety Leadership Visits to Client Sites onshore and offshore (as per schedule).
- Carry out internal and external audits/reviews as necessary to ensure compliance with processes/legislation; including the facilitation of 'How Do We Know' assurance sessions.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSE management system. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- HSE input to all workscopes from engineering & design, workpack development and constructability review.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents. Involvement in Client-led incident investigations and ensure that findings are reported and appropriately shared.
- Review leading and lagging indicators and identify/report any trends, ensuring that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence.
- Develop and deliver HSE training and coaching to onshore and offshore teams.
- Development of HSE material and campaigns for the purposes of knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices.
- Support HSE Lead in the execution of HSE Improvement Plans as required.
- Collaborate with Corporate HSE team to share best practices across business.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics policies and procedures.
Training & Competence Requirements
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- BOSIET/MIST & Medical
- Incident Investigation Qualification
- Auditor Qualification
- In depth knowledge of HSE legislation, management systems and best practice
- Extensive offshore experience
- Extensive experience of Brownfield Construction Projects
- Strong safety leadership behaviours aligned with Company values
- Positive attitude and proactive approach
- Excellent communicator, with a desire to actively engage at all levels - both internally onshore and offshore and including active Client engagement
- Strong written communication skills and an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic approach to identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Strong presentation skills and ability to provide training/coaching to team
- Willingness to travel offshore on a regular basis (1 visit per month)