Skills: Operations Management, Project Management, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Bergen, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent are currently looking for a Project Leader for a 6 month contract to join our client's Drilling Fluids team in Bergen, Norway. This role will be to cover paternity leave until April 2020, however due to expected leave next year there is a chance that this role would extend to closer to 2 years.
We are looking for candidates with strong experience to "hit the ground running", although there would be a handover period until the current incumbent leaves early December. In addition, you will be responsible for planning, supervising and providing technical back up for the Fluids Technology Group, and will be accountable for planning, execution and coordination of Drilling Fluids operations and services.
- Responsible for planning, control and operational follow up for assigned projects
- Coordinate personnel and equipment to ensure safe, sound and efficient fluids services are provided to customers
- Ensure quality service as per company procedures
- Assist in preparation of budget and projections. Responsible for financial control of assigned projects
- Ensure prompt and efficient reporting and administration
- Provide appraisals for all assigned personnel and monitor their need and progress so that they may advance their careers
- Assess training needs of assigned personnel and ensure they are given the opportunity to broaden their knowledge
- Regularly communicate concerning ongoing operations and projected activity with the Manager for product line
- Provide regular updates on equipment and personnel needs
- Be proactive in the pursuant of improvements and efficiencies for our customers and ourselves
- Promote transfer of experience
- Check and control all documentation given and received
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and bids
- Ensure compliance with company requirements for Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Working closely with external customers
Please note the working pattern will be office hours, and overtime may be required at times. If you wish to be considered, please apply with your latest CV.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.