Skills: NDT Technician, Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This Job serves the operational side of the organization's business . NDT (Non-destructive testing) technicians evaluate the physical properties of a material without causing any damage. They will inspect and test the material to find any possible corrosion, cracks, or other imperfections which could alter its performance or integrity. Use of IRATA Rope access techniques as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the site supervisor/ superintendent, ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day NDT inspection job for our clients.
- Use rope access, under the close supervision of a qualified IRATA level 3, to access work areas deemed as working at height. (When required)
- NDT Technician Inspection using Ultrasonics, Radiography, Magnetic Particle, Liquid/ Dye Penetrant and Eddy Current Techniques. (Daily Routine)
- Corrosion monitoring/ mapping, report writing, communication, safety, NDT inspection and corrosion monitoring for pipes, structures, vessels, tanks, risers, etc are integral part of the job. (Daily Routine)
- Phased Array Inspection for pipelines, piping, tanks and vessel. (Daily Routine)
- Prepare and present inspection report. Normal NDT (To be Submitted Daily)
- Prepare Initial inspection report. Corrosion Mapping/PAUT/TOFD (To be Submitted Daily)
- Prepare Final inspection report. Corrosion Mapping/PAUT/TOFD (To be Submitted upon completion of item inspected)
ESSENTIAL (9 pt, All Caps)
- Is the task critical to job success? YES
- If the task occurs infrequently, is it critical for successful job performance? YES
- If any one of the essential functions was removed, would it alter the position? NO
- Keep in mind that a person's inability to perform the essential functions would be disqualifying for that person. YES
- Also considered "additional duties" YES
- Good place to put statement "Other duties as assigned" YES
- Function is incidental or a minimal part of the job. NO
- Non-essential functions could be redistributed among other team members. N/A
- Reasonable accommodations are made in this area of the job. N/A
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- PCN or CSWIP certificates are preferred to third party ASNT certificates.
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - RT - Level 2 - Radiographic Testing (E)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - UT - Level 2 - Ultrasonic Testing (E)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - ET - Level 2 - Eddy Current Testing (P)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - MT - Level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing (P)
- PCN/ CSWIP/ ASNT - PT - Level 2 - Dye/ Liquid Penetrant Testing (P)
- IRATA - Rope Access - Level 1 or 2 (E)
- Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certification, and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics .
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.