Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Primary Purpose of Job
Supervise and Implement a structured process to achieve on-time delivery of Materials for 'Oil and Gas Operations'. Coordinate extensively, internally and externally, with suppliers/contractors, manufacturers, freight forwarders, warehouse personnel, buyers, and user departments etc., for on time filling of material requirements. Take actions in time sensitive environment to improve delivery against frequent emergency material requirements. Create relationship with suppliers and customers. Represent Purchasing in Shutdown coordination meetings and supervises material status reporting mechanism. Conduct root cause for non-conforming materials, implements corrective and preventative actions. Support contractor performance evaluation initiatives.
Experience & Skills
Minimum of 10 years experience In procurement and long term supply agreements, preferably in an Oil and Gas environment of which at least 6 years in a supervisory position.
• High level of fluency in verbal and written English is required.
• Knowledge of expediting systems and control models is preferred.
• Knowledge of technical specifications, engineering standards, and regulatory requirements In Oil and Gas industry.
• Sound team and self management and communication skills; good conflict resolution and problem solving.
• Knowledge of contract execution, development and management of vendor relations.
• Ability to coach and develop personnel.
• Ability to perform in a cross functional business environment
• Global perceptive of business environment and technology.
• Excellent commitment risk identification skills and ability to draft effective avoidance and mitigation techniques.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa