Skills: Customer Service, HR - General
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Responsible for the delivery of HR programs and services in the functional areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, compliance, training support, benefits administration and performance management ranging from day-to-day operations to support of overall department strategy. Partners with Senior Operations and HR leadership to provide proactive support and achieve success in human capital management needs. This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides HR support to assigned Divisional Senior Leader and associated business partner(s), providing consultation and delivery of HR programs and services to achieve business plans.
• Acts as the key driver of company-wide programs and initiatives for the assigned division(s) (e.g., salary review, Performance Management Process (PMP), workforce planning, training & development etc.).
• Acts as internal consultant to employees providing coaching and advice on a range of organizational and change issues as well as day-to-day HR related issues.
• Partners with HR team to develop and deliver customized programs and services to the business in HR functional areas.
• Works within the HR team to recommend and develop best practices and standard operating procedures for internal department operations.
• Provides employee relations expertise to assigned business partner(s) ensuring compliance to company practices and state and federal employment law. Investigates employee issues and recommends/ executes appropriate action.
• Interprets policies and provide counsel and guidance to managers and employees concerning work related issues.
• Responsible for delivery of day-to-day department operational tasks as they relate to employee onboarding and exiting, benefits enrollment and administration, cyclical processes, performance management, talent acquisition and leave of absence management for assigned business partner group.
Including timely reporting of HR analytics as needed.
• Maintain HRIS and related systems, external vendor systems, electronic filing systems to ensure all people database management systems are kept current.
• Work with managers and employees in identifying and addressing performance related issues.
• Provides coaching and support to managers on employee performance improvement/ corrective action issues.
• Supports the Recruiting team with execution of talent sourcing strategies, screening applicants, conducting interviews, recommending candidate selection and delivery of employment offers.
• Coordinates with outside legal counsel regarding employment and immigration cases as needed.
• Ensures personnel documents and records are created and maintained in accordance with EEO and Affirmative Action reporting requirements.
• Delivers related training as it pertains to HR matters.
BA / BS in Human Resources or related field, and minimum of seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), familiarity with HRIS systems, on-line recruiting systems, and recruiting strategy/ methodology (AIRS or other).
PHR or SPHR strongly desired.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.