Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SR. CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide expertise and practical assistance to all assigned Sponsoring/ End-user departments of the Corporation in all tendering / contractual matters from inception of project till close-out of contracts.
• BSc in Engineering Discipline or Quantity Surveying. However qualification in Discipline engineering is preferred. A post graduate qualification in Contract Management or Project Management desirable.
Experience & Skills
• 10 years multi disciplinary experience in project execution, including minimum 5 years in an oil & gas industry or with major industrial structures with main focus on preparation/evaluation/negotiation of tenders/contracts of high and medium scale projects with complexity and diversity.
• Possession of sound knowledge of Contracts Law is desirable.
• Proficient in contractual correspondence, contract verbatim, report writing with analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
• Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, construction techniques EPC/EPIC/ EPCM & LSTK. Other forms contracts likes FEED/ECS/ Construction/ Consultancy/ Operation & Maintenance (O&M) contracts and its related works/services.
• Computer literate and able to use this knowledge for contract analysis, evaluation of statistical data both historical and projected.
• Preferably experienced in managing contracts in SAP MM-ES and its day to day transactions and management.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa