The Centre of Expertise (CoE) for Gas Processing (GP) will require deep technical expertise in the area of adsorption and this subject matter expert (SME) role plays a critical one. The incumbent will be in the unique position to provide key input and advice for technology implementation in the existing asset base. In addition, the role requires continuously engaging with adsorbent vendors to ensure the latest product innovation is replicated in a seamless and cost-effective manner. These innovations are often incremental technology improvements, rather than game changers, but result in large value to the Group.
The focus of the role is in dehydration, mercaptan, mercury and other contaminant removal. Business critical decisions based on technical quality, cost and schedule are an important element of the role and require both resilience and pragmatism: communication and influencing skills are vital.
- The Subject matter expert for adsorption includes a) representing Shell in external standard setting; b) attending conferences & writing papers; c) providing courses on the technology; d) upkeep on the technology & communicating new developments; e) promoting the technology; f) benchmarking the technology against competitive technologies; g) ensuring up to date documented design practices, manuals and software.
- Contribute to the Gas Processing Technology Maturation Plan;
- Provide global and regional support in the adsorption area via the network of internal (& external) experts;
- Lead qualification of new adsorbents for application in Shell including associated safety assessments in liaison with the Catalyst Safety Assessment and Reactive Hazard Assessment teams
- Lead several knowledge management activities within the gas processing area;
- Support deployment of novel adsorption technology including contributing to Development Releases;
- Participate in audits, health checks, technical and safety reviews for gas processing projects;
- Review adsorption related work as a Technical Authority Level -3.
- The activities undertaken by the Senior Process Engineer Adsorption Processes are directed at advising on new and existing technologies across the entire value chain of Shell: upstream, LNG, GTL and downstream including refining and chemicals.
- The maturation of cutting-edge technology is a key driver in persuading Major Research Holders (MRH) in choosing Shell as developer of their hydrocarbon resources: this position influences multi-million US$ of value to Shell.
- Knowledge Management is an important attribute of any CoE and the SME plays a key role in this: benchmarking, design manuals, best practice exchange, external technology assessment and conference visits are within the scope of this role.
- There are no direct reports but coaching engineers through an informal network is critical to building capability within the CoE.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- Bachelors/Master's degree preferably in Chemical/Mechanical/Material engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in process engineering with exposure to gas environments like LNG, natural gas and gas processing etc.
- Technical professional with broad and deep skills in adsorption related Gas Processing technologies.
- Operational experience in upstream, midstream or downstream assets would be an important advantage but not specifically required.
- Experience in projects pre-FID and/or Post-FID is also seen as an advantage.
- Must have excellent communications & influencing skills (both verbal and written) to effectively interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.