Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, a large oil and gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Buyer for a 1 year contract in Edmonton, AB.
- Assists with purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Analyzes vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- May require a bachelor's degree and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Buyer will be procuring Electrical Materials primarily in SAP and Oracle - the successful candidate will be trained in Services in the near future.
- Related University Degree (Purchasing/Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, or Business Admin.
SCMP graduate or enrolled in the program)
- Minimum 1.5-2 years purchasing experience
- SAP Experience
Nice to have:
Both - Services and Materials Experience
Systems - Must have SAP, Nice to have Oracle
Oil and Gas experience
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.