Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Martinez, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Turnaround Manager is an active Extended Leadership Member of the site; participating and leading site wide focus groups, extending beyond the TA workspace. Partner with Site TA Manager to develop TA delivery capability into the organization, including mentoring of other TA Event Managers.
Accountable for planning and execution of turnaround (TA) events with high to mega-complexity, integrating projects and catalyst changes.
- Accountable for the safety performance on turnarounds for the site.
- Build, develop, and maintain a capable and efficient organization and work processes which provide a fit for purpose turnaround support to meet site goals and objectives.
- Line implementation manager for Down Stream One T/A work processes
- Member of and leads the Site T/A Strategy Team, consistent with Downstream Turnaround work process.
- Implements Downstream Turnaround processes at site and ensures long term integration of the same by providing detailed procedures for execution where they do not exist (examples include risk-based scope challenge, addenda process, mandatory work, etc.)
- Resource broker for site-based resources utilized for Turnaround support as well as soliciting other sites for support.
- Develops Site Turnaround Strategy and maintains evergreen - cycles, business alignment, communication, etc. - including the 10-year site turnaround forecast. Integrates site strategy with regional strategy. Accountable for preparation and submittal of the annual site Business Plan for turnarounds and catalyst changes (evergreen budgeting process).
- Ultimate accountability for site to deliver turnaround performance against established premises for all site turnarounds, except those managed by the regional teams. For the High Complexity Events, displays appropriate support behaviors to ensure success of the event when assigned an T/A Event Manager.
- Accountable for catalyst and industrial cleaning support (chemical side only) to the production areas.
- Ensures Turnaround Milestones schedule for all turnarounds at site are communicated to Regional
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Note: Equilon Enterprises LLC d/b/a Shell Oil Products US (Shell) announced it has reached an agreement for the sale of Shell's Martinez Refinery in California to PBF Holding Company LLC, a subsidiary of PBF Energy, Inc., for $1.0 billion consideration, plus the value of hydrocarbon inventory, crude oil supply, and product offtake agreements, and other adjustments. The transaction is subject to closing conditions and regulatory approvals and is expected to close in 2019. Individuals hired to the Martinez Refinery, including, but not limited to, individuals hired through this job posting, are not expected to continue employment with Shell after completion of the sale. PBF Holding Company, LLC is expected to extend offers of employment to Shell's Martinez employees upon the completion of the sale, subject to the terms and conditions of the sale. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, terms, and conditions of the job, and may be subject to change at any time.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum ten (10) years work experience with maintenance, turnarounds, projects and / or engineering in Manufacturing or Petrochemical facility.
- A degree in Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in managing high complexity Turnaround events. Recognized expert in planning and execution of large TA Event.
- Ability to work across business lines and organizational layers. Strong ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders, building credibility and have ability to influence both site management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to develop and implement strategy and novel ways of working to deliver results
- Demonstrable experience in leading, developing and coaching team to deliver outstanding results
- Experience where candidate has developed: excellent communication skills, strong customer focus, team working ability, leadership and coaching skills, project management skills, knowledge of HSSE management systems, and knowledge of contracting and procurement processes.
- Key competences include the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, experience with Primavera Planning and Scheduling, the ability to implement change, presentation skills, the ability to influence organizations, the ability to Facilitate meetings.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video