Job Description What's the role?
Market Risk End of Day (EOD) analyst operates within the Market Risk Management organization for Power, Gas and Environmental Product trading and performs a critical and highly visible role in the daily market data management and price validation process, as well as portfolio valuation, market survey, SOX control and other market risk activities.On a Normal Day, You Will
- Ensure that data is accurate and available in timely manner for various groups, including Commercial, Management, Market Risk and Accounting.
- Run both gas and power End of Day processes; this includes but is not limited to importing prices, deal processing and investigating any issues that arise, creating and maintaining daily and monthly recurring tasks, modifying and maintaining numerous spreadsheets and processes and continuous process improvements.
- Timely and accurate validation of forward price curves.
- Troubleshooting problems with prices or deals in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) systems, and coordinating with IT support staff to resolve issues for internal customers including but not limited to Commercial, Management, Market Risk and Accounting.
- Record keeping of price publications and process checklists, as well as maintaining documentation to support all tasks performed by the EOD group.
You will need to be able to work in a fast-paced open environment, demonstrate proficiency in consistently following instructions, show ability to discover pattern breaks and other indicators of possible process errors, meet tight deadlines, handle a variety of ad hoc requests, identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies and ability to troubleshoot and create Visual Basic and/or SQL code as needed.
The EOD desk's work hours usually run from 9:30am to 6:30pm workdays, but daily tasks must be completed regardless of any circumstances. So you will need to be able to work extended hours if unforeseen process overruns occur. Strong problem-solving and communication skills will be needed to facilitate solutions in such after-hours situations.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in working with computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and advanced Excel skills including macros are a must.
- Exposure to commercial database (e.g. Oracle) application, data query, analysis and visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire)
- Familiarity with natural gas and electricity markets or trading organization would be a plus.
- Highly desired skills: ENDUR or Nucleus or Other ERM Experience; VBA and SQL programing.
- Major strengths: Attention to details; Multi-tasking Capacity and Execution Precision; Calm under Stress; Effective Communication; Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.