Other Skills: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; US GAAP; UK GAAP;
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for the permanent position of Finance Director (North Sea Region) to join their team based in Westhill, Aberdeen.
The Finance Director will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and Senior Vice President, and will be responsible for all the financial duties of a Senior Management member in a $100m+ annual revenue business, including operations in the UK and the Netherlands. Sitting alongside the Regional VP and other Senior Management members, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, statutory and group reporting as well as supporting the Region and the Corporate function in London with Business Analysis, Commercial Proposals and Compliance leadership. The Company is a dual listed (US and Norway), US GAAP reporting global business, with IFRS as it's primary local statutory GAAP.
- Understand the Company's vision and apply the company values in all business activities.
- Lead a team of 7 professionals and manage their career development.
- Control of monthly Profit & Loss statement and account analysis.
- Control and improve local Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Review monthly financial results with assigned rig teams and provide value added analysis.
- Ensure that day-to-day operations are supported and executed in accordance with established policies, objectives and budget.
- Be responsible for the budgeting/roll-forward forecast for the Region / Business Unit.
- Be responsible for delivering timely Financial Statements for each of the legal entities.
- Complete statutory audit for the required legal entities in the Region / Business Unit
- Ensure all statutory tax filings (e.g. PIT, WHT, VAT, CIT, etc.) are done accurately and on time
- Liaise with external auditors, counsel and tax consultants.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers, and ensure close control of Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Prepare Bid Approval Sheets (BAS) for prospective projects / customers / contracts for Executive and Board review.
- Review and classification of special items, authorisation for financial expenditures (AFEs).
- Interact and liaise with a variety of departments (Contracts, supply chain, HR, Technical) within the organization as well as multiple levels of management.
- Lead the implementation of our Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance programme locally, as well as other internal control related improvements.
- Determine priorities in the preparation of multiple projects on a timely basis.
- The prospective candidate must be able to work to a high degree of independence, while still being able to communicate effectively and consult widely on matters of complex judgement and/or accounting. The candidate must also be capable of delivering quality information in a timely manner, while dealing with the practical effects of high growth and tight timelines in a fast paced commercial environment.
The ideal candidate MUST HOLD a University Degree or Diploma, CA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA/CMA. Have extensive financial industry experience within an offshore drilling related environment, however similar capital focused industries will be considered. Demonstrable track record of financial leadership and continual improvement. Provable track record of interacting with Executive level financial and operational leaders. Must be able to work to a high degree of independence, while still being able to communicate effectively and consult widely on matters of complex judgement and/or accounting. Capable of delivering quality information in a timely manner, while dealing with the practical effects of high growth and tight timelines in a fast paced commercial environment. Excellent English verbal and written communications skills. Candidate must pass a drug screen and background checks.