At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Reporting to the Projects Engineering Manager, based in Newcastle upon Tyne the post holder will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all technical/engineering drawings relating to the manufacture of flexible pipe and ancillary components. Essential Responsibilities:
- Production of technical drawings using 2D & 3D CAD software
- Liaise with Structural, Engineering and Technology departments to collect relevant technical information
- Check, review and approve Engineering drawings
- Maintain CAD templates and standard 2D & 3D modeling libraries
- Produce illustrative material for Engineering, Commercial and marketing purposes
- Perform other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Lead by example, proactive approach to EHS compliance
- BTEC or ONC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience as a minimum
- Proficient in the use of both AutoCAD and an associated 3D modeling software
- Ability to read engineering drawings, product specifications, industry codes, and ISO regulations.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including suppliers and internal/external customers
- Proven attention to detail, with critical thinking, problem solving, and personal organization skills
- Motivated with the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Tenacious, exhibits a desire to get the job done
- Capable of analyzing data to make sound decisions
- Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with Solid Works is a benefit
- Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more