What's the role?
The Quality Management Engineer Welding will:
- Set a clear leadership example and promote a high degree of health, safety and environmental awareness among project stakeholders by following Shell Life Saving rules and intervening when unsafe practices are witnessed.
- Manage welding supplier quality continuous improvement and provide internal consulting for welding of installed equipment and Oil Country Tubular Goods
- Provide technical expertise and technical consulting for welding methods, weld Nondestructive testing NDT methods, weld code interpretation, WPS/PQR review and approval for oilfield equipment such as well heads, gas lift mandrels, weld on riser/premium connectors, screens, vacuum insulated tubing, tubular welds
- Provide technical expertise and technical consulting in quality assurance, quality control, measurements, reports and industry requirements specifically focused on welding, weld procedure development/review and Nondestructive testing of welds. This includes participating in preproduction and engineering meetings, reviewing and approving Shell and supplier welding and NDT procedures
- For complex welding operations, make field visits to ensure startup of welding and Nondestructive testing processes are effectively implemented
- Perform technical process audits of supplier welding and NDT processes at global supplier locations, witnessing the welding and process, documenting non-conformances and ensuring supplier implementation of corrective actions
- Provide real time analysis and mitigation solutions for global drilling and completion projects when supplier welding activities result in deviations to requirements
- Welding and Materials:
- Provide internal consulting for Oil Country Tubular Goods / installed equipment supplier materials QAQC activities in support of the Shell Wells Oil Country Tubular Goods materials SME
- Analyze quality information including supplier nonconformance trends and corrective action implementation
- Advise operations and field staff on welding and inspection requirements.
- Provide training sessions as needed for internal stakeholders
- Participate in Business Performance Reviews (BPR's) and Quality Improvement Process (QIP) Teams for key suppliers
- Initiate change and champion best practice application of appropriate technical design practices and technology
- Ensure learnings and best practices are captured and shared
- Ensure that material/equipment/service received will be cost-effective and fit for the intended service
- Apply quality tools, practices, and philosophies to promote supplier continuous improvement and highlight gaps that need attention
- May be required to coordinate third party surveillance inspection activities associated with fabricated drilling and completion equipment (subsea wellhead systems, drilling risers, gas lift mandrels, blow-out preventers, etc.)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
What we need from you:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's Degree: Welding Engineering along with materials engineering experience and substantial experience. Mechanical Engineers with welding engineering experience are also considered
- 10+ years in welding and Quality Assurance for oilfield equipment
- Working knowledge of, and documented experience in, welding for drilling and completion equipment and Oil Country Tubular Good
- Detailed knowledge of weld methods, welding processes, weld related Nondestructive testing NDT processes (magnetic particle and liquid penetrant testing, ultrasonic testing (straight beam, shear wave and phased array, radiography, visual, and dimensional inspection), and industry inspection standards and specifications such as ASNT.
- Working knowledge of ASME Sect. IX, Sect. VIII, Sect. V, AWS D1.1 and API 1104.
- A working knowledge of nondestructive inspection standards and specifications such as ASNT and the relevant standards and specifications referenced in API 6A/17d, and a familiarity with those referenced in API 5CT, 5CRA, 6A/17D, 16R, 16F, 16A, 16C, and NACE.
- Working knowledge of destructive testing techniques (tensile, hardness, Charpy, CTOD, NACE TM0177, etc.)
- Knowledge of materials and related metallurgy, heat treat and stress relief processes.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communications skills (job requires frequent communication with engineers, purchasing, and service provider management).
- Poses the ability to analyze inspection data trends and make recommendations for inspection level and frequency changes.
- Work in alliances with various suppliers to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Familiarity with ISO quality system audit techniques.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.