Skills: Project Management, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuwait, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As part of the Shell Planning Team, supporting the Business Planning Manager: deliver Business Planning, Project Services and Contract Management functions in support of the Contract in general and the North Kuwait Conventional Oil Fields project in particular. The role is diverse, ranging from: preparation of the annual work programme and budget, input to the Shell annual business plan, revenue / time-writing analysis, monitoring and reporting against contract compliance.
The Shell Enhanced Technical Services Agreement has as its core objectives, to deliver value to both Shell and KOC and to promote Shell as a partner upon whom KOC can rely, through delivery against the annually agreed work programme.
The successful candidate will need to quickly establish their credibility within the team, as a highly competent planning professional, with the ability to work in a multi-faceted team to deliver quality, value-adding work through:
- Developing an effective working relationship within the ETSA team, Shell Finance team and KOC.
- Be able to exert leadership through influencing skills, persuasive analysis, coupled with logical and consistent approaches to issue resolution.
- Performing routine administrative tasks including setting up meetings, printing, scanning, arranging logistics etc. with the help of the team assistant or self.
The Accountabilities are of evolving nature and priorities due to the complexities of the business and hence high resilience, significant flexibility, adaptability and ability to be productive quickly are key success factors for this role.
At Shell, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world's need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance.
- An experienced technical professional, with a minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, and/or consultancy roles with government organizations of which a minimum of 3 years in a project management or project planning capacity.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; must be fluent in written and spoken English, previous experience in multinational companies preferred.
- Proven advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable experience in handling stress, work load and change, in prior roles.
- Previous experience working in Business Planning, Planning, Project Management or Finance would be extremely beneficial.
- Requirement to be in the Ahmadi office from 7am to 3pm on working days, with flexibility to work outside office hours to meet deadlines or as required.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video