Company: Baker Hughes
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for Fulfilment of Service items for O&G business. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Coordination and timely communication between all the stakeholders involved and suppliers is a very important characteristic of the role.
- Ensure PO acknowledgement submitted by the supplier within the prescribed time and update the same in the system.
- Assess supplier capabilities and get detailed manufacturing schedule.
- Implement sourcing strategies to ensure supplier executes the job as per the need of the project.
- Keep a weekly track on the manufacturing schedule of our orders and update the system on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with buying, engineering or quality team to resolve any supplier issue as per the project requirement to ensure smooth execution.
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance.
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Drive effective recovery plans when the supplier is in delay and ensure support to the project team.
- Check for the submission of documentations required along with the material.
- Coordinate and regular follow-up with receiving teams to get your material received on time.
- Support supplier to get their invoices cleared as and when required.
- Prepare long term strategies to improve the performance of supplier.
- Initiate Simplification and Digitization projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Bachelors of Engineering or B.Tech degree from an accredited university or college with experience in a Sourcing role ranging between 4-5 years.
- Experience in Sourcing and writing fulfillment reports and supplier performance reports.
- Strong Influencing skills and Leadership skills in driving through multiple stakeholders
- Capability to work in teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- PC and database proficiency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient with Oracle, SAP based databases.
- Six Sigma training is preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more