Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a difference
If you're an Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Planner with a strong commitment to safety and experience in the resources industry, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The E&I Maintenance Planner has the accountability and authority to assemble executable work packages as part of the maintenance execution work processes. You will track and monitor preventative (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) work requests and orders generated in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
You will be responsible for finalising scopes of work, preparation of work instructions, and acquiring discipline support, services, materials and logistics for effective completion of works. You will monitor delivery dates and liaise with the Scheduler and Maintenance Execution team on matters related to the readiness of work packs and availability to schedule and execute the work. This position works a 9-day roster from Monday - Friday, with every second Friday off. The working hours align with the ferry from Gladstone to Curtis Island at 6:30am and returning at 4:30pm.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Scope corrective work to repair equipment failures and plan job ensuring all resource, materials and service requirements are planned.
- Develop work packs for CM and PM jobs ensuring all necessary materials and information are prepared.
- Coordinate activities associated with third party contractors and vendors including identifying and procuring parts necessary for repairs or overhauls.
- Liaise with the Operations Team and relevant Technical Authorities in line with global requirement on deviation management, for safety critical work order if delay is expected.
- Support root cause analysis or causal learning process for defect elimination and support implementation of recommended improvement.
- Monitor and control of annual budgets based on maintenance activities.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated experience in electrical and instrumentation maintenance planning with significant experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Proven experience in maintenance execution and/or supervision, reliability/integrity or turnarounds.
- Experience with technical integrity management processes, budgeting, contract and procurement management.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video