Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To carry out a range of NDT inspection techniques on components, pipework and structural assemblies etc, in order to establish acceptability to specification
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out the most effective NDT techniques to components requiring inspection.
- Utilise Rope Access capabilities when required working at height for long periods of time.
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out NDT and Rope Access activities.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Ensure rope access equipment is utilised including correct harness is worn at all times.
- Ensure NDT equipment function tests are performed according to the procedure and any faulty equipment is detailed
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used in and results of the inspection and all finding noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.
- Perform rope access inspection safely in harsh environments ensuring that regular breaks are taken.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This person will report to the NDT Project Manager
- Performance will be measured by the NDT Project Manager and dotted line manager - Snr Operations Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- E- ASNT/PCN L2 or CSWIP Visual Inspection
- E- Valid Full UK driving license
- E- Valid Passport
- E - ASNT/PCN Levels 1 and 2 (minimum L2 in two of the three EC / UT / RAD)
- E - IRATA L1 (minimum).
- P - GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- P - Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- P- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- P-Offshore Survival / Offshore Medical / M.I.S.T / Cat A E.B.S / Bi-Deltoid Measurement / Eye Test
- P -ASNT/PCN L2 in MPI and / or DPI.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
In order to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 2 years experience in the relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry. Good working and understanding of Microsoft packages i.e. Word and Excel.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Enovia, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Potential exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered Heavy work.
- Lift up to 50-100 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 25-50 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Lift 10-20 pounds
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.