Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client is currently seeking a Production Scheduler to work a 1 year contract near Edmonton, AB
Leverage SchedulePro for scheduling Production's time. Act as a resource to support Production and answer any questions. Design and Develop a SharePoint site for Production.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for all entries into SchedulePro including reporting, problem-solving and troubleshooting. Further, they serve as administrative support for the Asset Teams.
• Subject matter expert for SchedulePro tool used for shift scheduling and timesheets by Production Team Members.
• Timely and accurate input of exception time into SchedulePro (Overtime, absences, shift changes, work up, etc.)
• Act as a resource for SchedulePro inquiries/issues
• Audit SchedulePro entries prior to payroll deadline each pay period per HR auditing standards.
• Validate and assist in yearend quota balance reconciliations for payouts and carryovers.
• Ensure appropriate quota entitlements are showing in SAP for each hourly employee in Quarter 1 of each year.
• Interfaces with Human Resources and the payroll team on overtime policy issues and the data entry and reporting processes.
• Attends monthly payroll meetings and participates as meeting chair on a rotational basis.
• Compiles various reports including but not limited to the Production monthly overtime report, quarterly absence reports, yearend sickness reports.
• Provides back up support for other Production Time Focals for time entry & timesheets/inquiries.
• Onboard new Production hourly & staff in regards to pay practices and timesheet process by giving presentations or sending out emails.
• Coach PTMs and Production Team Leads when necessary to make the process effective and to ensure consistency
• Support Production with ad-hoc projects to deliver for the business
• Assist with booking meetings for Production staff
• Functional Site Owner for SharePoint and supporting Asset to maintain documentation
• Other duties as required
Business Administration Certificate or Office Administration Certificate preferred
• Proficient at using office software such as MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• SchedulPro experience an asset
• Experience with balancing competing priorities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at various levels
• Handles sensitive matters with integrity and discretion
• Excellent time management in order to work within tight deadlines, data accuracy and ability to understand complex pay policy and procedures
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.