The Process Engineer is responsible for technical support and guidance on a day-to-day basis for Field Services operations, also ensuring that the equipment is in good working order & available at the correct time for planned services. In addition, the PE is also accountable for the Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's) and 'best practice' working procedures. The PE is also responsible for ensuring that the work follows the best practices set out in all areas of its function.Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Risk assessments lead, conjunction with Engineer, Operators & HSEQ presentation.
- Identify lifting plan requirements.
- Identify potential risks/hazards across all operations and act accordingly.
- Ensure compliance to the Health and Safety policies
- Complete any necessary new machinery equipment checklists and risk assessments.
- Conduct / Support investigations following any incidents / accidents that occur.
- Complete Incident Reports when required.
- Actively support Management initiatives in the improvement of Health, Safety and Environmental targets.
- Decrease CoNC by reviewing run data & identifying new and/or methods.
- Review of Incident and process inspection reports
- NCR Disposition
- Ensure 5C condition is implemented and supports the sustainability of the operations.
- Participate in or lead CI activities.
- Make data available for the justification & Identifying manpower to carry out CI activities.
- Participate in Lean Development program and utilize Lean Techniques.
- Recommend improvements to procedures, equipment and operation methods for each operation to lead to more effective working practices.
- Participate in vendor & technical meetings (if requested).
- Act as liaison with suppliers & customers (internal & external when requested).
- Complete MWR's for new items of equipment manufacture or repairs.
- Identify new equipment and tooling requirements
- Formulate SOI's for new approved methods & new equipment.
- Review root cause analysis and recording of downtime.
- Review and approve necessary documentation (Procedures, SOI's, and Risk Assessments etc).
- Completion of pipe tooling and specification reviews.
- Sign off on Operator competency.
- Ensuring Operators adhere to procedures & SOI's via audits.
- Develop broad knowledge and understanding of FPS Onshore products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
Location: Midland, TX
- Experience working in field locations
- Leadership or management experience
- Natural problem solving abilities using the '5 why?' technique to help determine root cause.
- Engineering and management software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Solidworks,
- Strong decision making ability with ability to influence business decisions in a constructive manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms.