To serve as the regional expert, ensure delivery and maintain standard, consistent and realistic risk profiles for projects in the Americas region. The Risk Management Focal Point must have the ability to drive change and improve quality for the risk management discipline throughout the Americas region.
The Risk Management Focal Point Fully versed in:
- Establishing creating and maintaining risk management system: Sound understanding of and ability to apply both qualitative and quantitative Risk Management theories, tools and techniques. Identify appropriate responsible parties for risk ownerships and allocate register entries. Structure and populate the risk management tool, enable user training and establish/implement the process for regular status reviews.
- Organizing framing and facilitating risk workshops - Meeting Facilitation. Engage with multiple project and stakeholder personnel to gather data in order to develop/refresh the Opportunity/Risk Register. Challenge and encourage alternate views to fully explore potential scenario outcomes. Stimulate identification of mitigating actions and qualitative impact and likelihood assessments. Secure buy-in from team members.
- Performing Probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk Analysis- Build simplified project schedule model, map the Technical, Economic, Commercial, Organizational and Political (TECOP) parameters and Opportunity/Risk Register entries to the model elements, and quantify these impacts into duration/ cost ranges (including the unknown unknowns). Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for each element. Analyze and iterate the model output and develop overview presentation material to explain the results and key schedule risk areas.
- Developing overview reports of risk/opportunity status for management. implement and manage risk management plans utilizing Company's risk management standards
- Maintaining and managing risk registers. Present risk management status to Project Leadership Team & generate monthly risk management reports
- Interfacing with project team members to discuss and challenge risk status and close out references
- Interpreting and explaining Cost Schedule & Risk Analysis output to Project Leadership and Review teams.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Risk Management Analyst or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of industry experience as Risk Management Lead or in Project Engineering
- Must have handled a major project amounting to 5 Billion
- Required Fully versed with Risk Tools, i.e. Easy Risk (currently Company Standard), Pertmaster and @Risk
- SPA level 2 in Risk Management or Project Engineering
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience facilitating risk/opportunity brainstorming workshops
- Experience working in all phases of project development within both a project and matrix organizations
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.