Skills: Civil Engineering, Marine Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Senior Engineer - Marine
- United States of America
The Senior Engineer performs independently on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope by coordinating and supervising lower level professionals in the completion of the project. Supervises site investigations and laboratory programs. Directs and provides mentorship to junior engineers on a project basis. Prepares field, laboratory and engineering reports for final review by more senior staff. Recommends and implements improvements in specific operational area.
- Responsible for team of four to six engineers and engineering assistants on a project basis.
- Work on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope.
- Plan and conduct standard assignments requiring independent judgment in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Act as a project professional on larger, more complex projects following guidelines set by project supervisor.
- Coordinate standard to complex field and laboratory operations and programs, solving most problems that arise and, if necessary, performing technical or special testing that may be requested or required to meet project needs.
- Required to perform routine and special field and laboratory testing, and data preparation, as required on a project basis.
- Supervise and review lower level engineer's field and laboratory instructions, design parameters, methods of analysis, calculations, and draft report text and illustrations.
- Creates and develops foundation soil parameters.
- Evaluates, selects, performs and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Monitors project budgets, schedules and performance against KPIs.
- Assist in preparation of invoices for projects he/she is performing and supervising.
- Assist in training of lower level professionals and review time and expense sheets of project professional under their supervision.
- Prepares engineering and advanced laboratory testing proposals and establish project pricing as delegated and reviewed by Senior Supervising Engineer of higher-level professional.
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Perform market maintenance, prepare administrative reports, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of field and/or office-based geotechnical experience.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in US preferred.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Well-developed writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Good engineering judgement.
- A general knowledge of sales, pricing, and negotiating.
- Traveling (international and offshore) may be required.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world's largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our 'apply' button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.