- In the role of Field Specialist (Automation Technician), you will: Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical / electronic equipment Perform on-site installation of electrical / electronic equipment, conduit, etc.
- Use various electronic equipment and tolls including auto cranes, stud guns, etc.
- Recognize and assess a variety of well optimization issues, either on own or by calling other technical specialists work with other business entities
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma /GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 4 years of electrical experience)
- Minimum 3 years of electrical experience Eligibility Requirement
- Journeyman Electrician License
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Work in a hands-on environment and able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Required to possess a valid driver's license to the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a BHGE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations - onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more