Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for varied engineering assignments requiring a broad knowledge of engineering specialties and the effect the work has upon other fields. Designs and analyzes structural, hydraulic, and mechanical equipment for offshore Remotely Operated Vehicle installations. Solve engineering problems using a combination of industry standards and company procedures. Perform independent studies, and analyzes, interpret, draw own conclusions, selection and system testing at the factory and offshore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support on Remotely Operated Vehicle developed products.
- Performs conceptual and detailed design work and engineering analysis.
- Creates complete design packages, specifications, and test procedures.
- Interfaces with customers and project managers.
- Develops cost and schedule estimates, provides engineering status and progress reports.
- Performs product testing offshore and in the factory.
- Conducts initial conceptual design work based on project design basis.
- Contributes in design of new products and techniques, modifies existing designs and techniques, improves installation techniques, and develops test procedures.
- Develops test programs for factory acceptance, certification and systems integration testing of developed equipment.
- Evaluates project design basis data to determine feasibility of equipment and/or services being proposed.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product specifications, system layouts, assembly drawings, user manuals and detailed drawings/schematics.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering, analysis, and design related tasks.
- Works closely with Electrical and Service Technicians in product development and maintenance testing and repair of rental fleet equipment.
- Works with Service Technicians to development maintenance and operation procedures.
- Designs mechanical systems that interface with ROV's and subsea equipment.
- Designs pressure tight equipment with multiple penetrations for electronic connections.
- Designs corrosion control systems for subsea tools via anodes and other technologies.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required with one (1) to three (3) years of upstream oil and gas production related experience; or, combination of education and experience with comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
- ROV and/or Subsea equipment design and engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience with Enovia, PeopleSoft, SolidWorks and AutoCAD are preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills, time management, multitasking, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are necessary.
- Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Electric Code (NEC), ABS, and DNV standards.
- Must be able to obtain a valid US Passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Lift 20-50 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Identify color differences
Wear PPE for skin protection
Lift 10-25 pounds
Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
Operate a motor vehicle
Lift up to 10 pounds
Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.