Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Improve and standardize welding/NDE engineering specifications ensuring consistency with shops & suppliers activities. This task has the prerogative, through a deep understanding of actual welding and NDE capability, to transfer the weld/NDE engineering activity into the real fabrication process.
- Write/review technical documents for make and buy items, like project/job dedicated Welding specifications and NDE procedure, based on Company General Specifications
- Develops practical and innovative ways to improve welding & NDE technologies for better quality and higher productivity, review as a technical leader.
- Responsible to assit Manufacturing (gloablly in all sites) in understanding and application of Welding and NDE procedures and supervising for their correct application.
- Together with Manufacturing Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Quality Engineer, perform internal/external welding/NDE audits based on Company already available or to be developed Checklists
- Identify plans to ensure technical requirements, costs, and schedules are met.
- Be oriented to team work contributing to accomplish team project overall goals
- Facilities interaction of global team members with each other and external organizations.
- Collaborate with management in setting realistic and challenge goals.
- Assist the manager in planning work activity for the organization.
- Available for short and medium term travel abroad
- Engineering (or equivalent) Master's degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with at least, 10 years of general industry manufacturing, assembly or test direct experience.
- International Welding Engineer/Technologist certified and Level II certification for main NDE methods. Additional certification such as Welding Inspector are appreciated.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional team environment