Reporting ToFleet Superintendent SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE
To ensure that all Marine unit under his charge achieve its maximum reliability. Minimize fleet downtime. SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SECTION III: KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Update Meter/Calendar based plan as per the equipment manual. Monitoring and ensure excution of the same as scheduled.
- Conduct regular visit to vessel and provide inspection/condition report of vessel equipment and vessel condition as whole
- Monitor quantity of stocks (Parts and Materials) for respective vessel in coordination with the stores. Ensure that adequate parts/materials are avilable.
- Review Month end report (Inventories and Requisitions). Investigate and conduct on-board verification for any excessive consumptions or mis-calculated value given in the report.
- Ensure that all maintenance records are updated to the next latest routine. Deal with the delay and sort out the problem. Discuss the same with Fleet Superintendent at regular interval.
- Close out vessel Defects with minimum time to minimize downtime in coordination with Maintenance supervisor. Investigate reason of the breakdown and take necessary action to prevent similar occurrence in the future. Discuss plans with Fleet superintendent and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide support and guidelines to ship engineering staff. Discuss matters of Maintenance at regular interval on board during a visit to cope up with the requirement and avoid delay.
- Supervise machinery repair and minor/major afloat repair and liaise with contractor/third party for their requirement in carrying out their task.
- Provide support in Technical investigation on any marine incident that involves respective units.
- To provide Maintenance plans and routine for the upcoming year with Fleet superintendent and discuss budget allocation every last quarter of the year. Advance planning is recommended to ensure Maintenace requirement (Parts & Services) budget are covered.
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- Minimum Class III/2 Marine engineer officer license holder
- Well versed in MS Office
- Rooted knowledge and ability to read Pneumatic/Hydraulic and Electrical circuit diagram and other ship's drawings.
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in support or management level on-board sea going vessel.
- Experience in technical workshop as Maintenance engineer is an advantage
Nature of Experience:
SECTION IV: KEY INTERACTIONS
- Good Diplomatic and Managerial skill and project planning
- Knowledge on ship equipment maintenance and must be fully aware of equipment operation concept.
Key Internal Contacts:
Purpose of Interaction:
- Fleet Superintendent/Technical Manager
- Marine operations
Fleet Maintenance matters
Key External Contacts:
Purpose of Interaction:
Service and Spare parts requirement
Afloat repair & Equipment maintenance (Out OEM scope)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.