Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Design Engineer, Facilities Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A Sr. Facilities/Process Engineer performs process and/or mechanical design of oil and gas production facilities, including new installations as well as upgrades and retrofits to existing terminals, platforms and pipelines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assignments will vary depending on the nature of projects received from clients and candidate's applicable work experience, expertise and proficiency.
• Develop P&IDs or mechanical flow sheets;
• Perform process simulations and develop process flow diagrams;
• Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an integrated design that meets the project requirements;
• Gather data, including site surveys and existing conditions data;
• Perform sizing calculations for process equipment, piping, in-line instruments, valves, and pipelines using company developed tools;
• Develop engineering reports and associated spreadsheets;
• Perform troubleshooting and/or de-bottlenecking of existing facilities to optimize production;
• Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet specific project requirements;
• Prepare data sheets for instruments and specialty items;
• Coordinate and direct drafters in the creation of drawings;
• Check drawings and other documents. Verify correctness of design and engineering data to verify completeness of the documents;
• Interface with Project Managers, Engineers and clients, including attending project meetings;
• Assist Project Managers and design team with assembling the methodology for completing the design project effort. Research, learn and implement differing design techniques which may be industry specific;
• Analyze designs for efficiency of construction, use of materials, integrity and practicality of design.
• Review certain vendor / fabricator quotations, shop drawings, and related submittals.
• Maintain project files.
• Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design.
• Coordinate procurement activities.
• Provide construction and startup assistance.
• Develop regulatory submittals (e.g. MMS, USCG, and ABS).
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Projects that the Facilities / Process Engineer could be involved with include:
- Conceptual engineering for new field or plant developments.
- Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering for equipment additions such as production separators, oil treaters, storage tanks, pumps and gas compressors on new and existing platforms.
- Design of related process and utility systems.
- Piping system design.
- Vendor interface for static and rotating equipment packages.
- Engineering studies.
- Hazards Analysis.
• Must have a BS degree or higher in Chemical, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
• Requires 10 years' experience in engineering design and/or project management of onshore oil and gas facilities; with 15 years preferred;
• Experience with rotating equipment design required;
• Familiarity with total project systems to include mechanical, structural, civil and electrical components to allow considerations of those aspects into a project or area design.
• P.E. or working toward PE registration is preferred.
• Familiarity with all engineering and design requirements for projects, including client provided specifications and all applicable codes and standards.
• Requires knowledge of codes and standards associated with oil and gas production facilities and equipment installations (e.g. API, ANSI, ASME, NFPA).
• Experience in offshore facilities and/or gas plant design preferred.
• Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Ability to interact with staff at all levels.
• May require the ability to travel to client sites.
• Availability and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to interact with staff at all levels.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG's drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.