Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Instrumentation Specialist with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Venice, LA
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Debug and optimize automation programs; Maintain program and system files backup; Maintain software and communication networks. (e.g. Ethernet, Data Highway Plus, RS logic, RS Net, Devicenet, Control Net, and Modbus).
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor;
- Maintains good housekeeping at the work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software.
- Receives daily instructions, as well as, obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
- Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
- Troubleshooting procedures for equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators and process equipment.
- Maintenance upgrades and repair of computers including servers, HMI monitoring, control computers and local touch screen interface panels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with six months to one year related experience and/or training; 3-5 years' offshore experience preferred with strong PLC instrumentation experience as well as compliance knowledge.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.