Primary Purpose of the Job:
The Cybersecurity Engineer (CE) will be dedicated to the Company's Electric Enterprise Network and Security Services team that provides lifecycle security services for customers. Principle Relationships:
Internal: MENA Cybersecurity Operations Manager, Middle East Project Delivery
Engineers, Project Managers, Global Cybersecurity Organization, Global Cybersecurity Director.
External: Customers Key tasks:
The Cybersecurity Consultant has primary responsibility for technical execution / delivery of security solutions to customers. While executing a Company's Electric security solution, the CE will represent Company's Electric as a technical leader with the proficiency to implement technical security solutions.
Solutions will be composed of key elements that meet the customer needs. The CE will manage the implementation of solutions, perform site visits to maintain the security solution, provide security training, and consult on security matters when required. The CE will ensure that the security infrastructure required to support Company's Electric applications is in place. The CE may also function as a requirements analyst and serve as the conduit between the customer and the Company's Electric Delivery Organization.
The SC will be required to evaluate existing and new technologies to determine their applicability and value for inclusion in the Company's Electric security solutions, and communicate his or her thoughts to the MENA Cybersecurity Operations Manager or the Global Cybersecurity Director.
- Work with the product manager or project sponsor to successfully implement the Company's Electric Security solutions and associated applications
- Configuration of any approved host and network security solutions
- Configuration of Network Performance Monitoring and Management solutions
- Oversee any required modification or reconfiguration of network elements
- Manage installation and connectivity testing of the security solutions
- Lead application acceptance testing (from a security perspective)
- Develop and deliver end user training
- Develop and deliver technical documentation as required
- Technical research to meet security solution requirements
- 8+ years performing the installation and/or management of network-based firewalls, preferably Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper or another top-tier product.
- 8+ years performing network troubleshooting using sniffers and monitors.
- 8+ years performing the installation and/or management of network-based Intrusion Detection products.
- 8+ years advanced systems administration (Windows AD)
- Understanding of high-availability networking technologies
- Experience working in a mixed environment of both standard TCP/IP and nonstandard networking protocols
- Experience in developing, evaluating, implementing Security Policy and Procedures
- Experience with the Company's Electric product line and Industries is desirable but not essential
- Experience with LAN, WAN and technologies
- Facilitation skills to lead requirements discovery workshops and project scope change requirements
- Interviewing skills to talk with individuals and groups about their Security needs and ask the right questions to reveal essential requirements information and what customers might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills to communicate information effectively to customers, Project Managers, and technical staff
- Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis to cope with rapidly changing information and be able to apply this
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate customer priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field, plus one of the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISA99 or IC 32-34 related OT certification
- Independent, self-sufficient, able to work alone without direct supervision.
- Capable of taking full responsibility for executing tasks, sometimes at remote
- Confident in customer project environment.
- Able to show initiative, make quick decisions, and follow through to a conclusion.
Additional information: Travel required 50% or more during heavy project loads
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.