Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
To carry out production testing of Electrical and Electronic assemblies to procedures. Carry out Environmental stress screening including thermal, vibration and hyperbaric testing. To Test and fault find Electronic Assemblies and Printed Circuit boards to component level.
This role will be working a two-week rotating shift system:
Week 1: Monday - Friday (06:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Week 2: Monday - Wednesday (2:00 PM - 12:00 AM) / Thursday 2:00PM - 11:30 PM)Essential Responsibilities:
- To carry out testing of Assemblies and Sub-assemblies as specified in test procedures for topside equipment.
- Ensuring all aspects of production is carried out in accordance with company procedures relating to HSE and relevant quality Codes of Practice.
- Provide engineering feedback to relevant engineering department to improve, products, processes, and design. Also includes First off Reviews.
- Ensure Work Order documentation is correct and completed to date before, during and on completion of the Test process.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times and general housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
- Report defects appropriately and in a timely manner using the Quality systems in place and feedback to team leader.
- HNC / ONC OR Degree qualified in Electrical / Electronics.
- Proven track record in test and fault finding of Electrical / Electronic Assemblies
- Ability to Read electronic schematics and mechanical schematics.
- Ability to have technical discussions with senior design and product engineers.
- Good working knowledge of software and firmware for both products and test equipment.
- Able to contribute to a team, either as part of the team, or as a leader.
- Cooperates to assist team members and ensure team meets its goals.
- Recognises the importance of diversity and promotes a climate of collaboration
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Gets information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is a consistent performer.
- Very target orientated, steadfastly pushes self and others for results, demonstrates a 'can do' attitude.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more