Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Drilling Consultant
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Remote Operations and Managed Services group is looking for a dynamic individual with experience of either MWD/LWD, Directional Drilling or Surface Logging in offshore oil and gas, including real-time monitoring of operations. This position will be based in BHGE's Aberdeen 24/7 Remote Technical Support Centre. The role demands a high level of understanding of drilling and completions operations and will challenge your ability to perform in a high-paced, customer-facing environment. The work schedule consists of 12-hour shift work on a 14 days on / 14 days off rotation.
· 24/7 real-time collaboration with customer rig site operations and product line(s), providing recommendations and performance improvement.
· Real-time monitoring and advisory services for rig site operations including well balance, drilling and completions.
· Ensure continuous service delivery, data quality assurance and data quality control of real-time data in accordance with established service agreement.
· Delivery of daily operations/performance reports.
· Contribution to end of section and end of well reports.
· Provide application support to rig site and office based customers.
· Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and escalation workflows.
· Support the development of new services.
· Communicate and facilitate continuous improvement.
· Work with regional and global teams to ensure resilience of service and information security.
· Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Geological Science or related fields
· Similar experience in oilfield operations is essential.
· Relevant experience in drilling real-time monitoring is essential.
· Strong experience in drilling and in-depth understanding of common drilling practices across a wide range of environments is preferred.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical writing skills.
· Experience with data transmission protocol such as WITS and WITSML is desirable.
· Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment is essential.
· Self-directed, goal oriented and innovative.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment to strict deadlines.
Aberdeen, Scotland UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more