Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas is one of the world's leading providers of testing, inspection and certification services. We have an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to focus on the development of new business from an agreed list of leading vendors and brands, with the aim of selling our global range of product testing, inspection, sustainability and auditing services. The role will also involve successfully managing an agreed portfolio of existing supplier and brand clients with the aim of increasing clients' market share and increasing revenue to meet agreed budget targets. You will be supported by your colleagues in key sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South East Asia, Turkey) to ensure the efficient delivery of your sales action plan.
As the ambassador of our brand, you are expected to effectively communicate and present our value proposition to contacts at all levels of an organisation. You will be required to use a full range of professional business development skills enabling the achievement of maximum profitability and growth of your accounts in line with our company's strategy, vision and values.
You could be joining a multi-national organisation, working with some of the world's most recognised brands, in just the kind of fast-paced sales environment that you thrive on.
SUPPORT OUR BUSINESS GROWTH
- Effective execution of Sales & Business Development strategy ensuring the achievement of the Company's Sales targets and profitability budgets with allocated retail/brand client portfolio
- Working with direction from Sales & Business Development Head to ensure the agreed goals and objectives are achieved including adherence to all the Company's policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- The development, coordination and implementation of action plans with agreed accounts to achieve the agreed growth objectives laid down by the Sales and Business Development Director.
- The maintenance and development of effective communication and relationships with clients and potential clients and those organisations, agents and individuals who may influence the activities and performance of the Company.
- The provision of timely and accurate information on competitive pricing of the Company's activities and assistance in the development and maintenance of price lists and pricing strategies to ensure achievement of the Company's financial targets and objectives.
- The timely and accurate compilation, distribution and delivery of proposals and presentation to clients and prospective clients in line with the Company's Sales strategy, targets and profitability budgets.
- Assistance in the development of Sales & Business Development budgets and the assumption of responsibility for the achievement of those budgets with the agreed portfolio of clients
- The establishment, organisation and timely generation of reliable Sales & Business Development reports for senior management on performance as required and directed through Sales Force
- The establishment of effective communication, liaison and cooperation of Sales & Business Development team with all Company and Division employees.
HAVE A TALENT FOR SELLING SERVICES?
Experience in sales or business development is preferable but not essential as we are above all looking for a bright, energetic and career driven individual. We would welcome applications from ambitious graduates who can build relationships effectively through excellent communication and who are looking at progressing their career within an international leading business. Additional requirements include:
- Experience within the textiles, retail or fashion supply chain sectors would be desirable
- Ability to work within a team, whilst also being a self-starter
- Strong presentation, communication, networking, organisational and reporting skills
- Able and willing to undertake travel within the UK involving overnight stays, as may be required
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the 'About Us' section of the website to view our Code of Ethics.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.