Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $115000 per annum
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title - Project Lead Expeditor
Location - Houston, TX
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs and is in need of an Project Lead Expeditor to join their team in Houston, TX.
The Project Lead Expeditor ensures that equipment and services are expedited, inspected, delivered and stored in full compliance with budget, required quantities, contractual agreements, expected quality and schedule constraints. This individual will monitor the progress, prevent any issues, raise alerts and recommend action plans during the execution of order.
- Set-up the package by collecting lessons learned, multi-disciplinary input and defining package gates and planning accordingly.
- Develop the Post Order Strategies in accordance with Project Procurement Strategy (PPS), and incorporating lessons learned and input from Category Managers.
- Measure realized savings for the package arising from the post implementation of the procurement category strategy as defined in the PPS.
- Adjust standard Quality Control Plan (QCP) to meet project requirements.
- Manage the package interface with the vendor during PO execution.
- Ensure that vendors activities are managed in line with project priorities
- Develop vendor quality awareness and ensure that quality controls are performed during vendor manufacturing process as per QCP
- Provide Category Managers with continuous feedback on vendor performance and get their support in case of PO execution issues related to strategic vendors or strategic categories
- Ensure vendor documents are received, reviewed and approved on time
- Monitor execution through post package gates, and proactively raise alerts to implement action plan in case of potential issue (such as schedule, cost, quality, contract€¦)
- During internal contract check points, provide active support to Project Buyer for contractual risks management and vendor claim management
- In case of package quality issues, proactively conduct root cause analysis to define with vendor immediate corrective actions and share outcome with Category Manager when package is related to strategic vendors or strategic categories
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from University or Engineering or Commercial School.
- Experienced professional with 10 years previous relevant experience in offshore or marine / petrochemical procurement and solid product knowledge.
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in supervisory Supply Chain position involving expediting and/or inspection in an Off-Shore environment
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global offshore company. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.