Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 3+ year contract assignment Responsibilities:
- Contribute actively with the FPU team to deliver a cost effective and optimized design of the facilities (UFR, SPS and Topside) that meets the requirements of the project in terms of safety, reliability, operability and maintainability for a 25-year design life.
- Provide ICSS engineering and integration expertise and ensure a robust execution of design, execution planning and operational aspects of the ICSS discipline for the FPU.
- Manage ICSS related interfaces between disciplines including SPS ,URF, FPU packages.
- Lead the coordination of all ICSS activities between Company, ENGINEER, the ICSS supplier and the FPU Construction contractor
ICSS Engineering Management:
- External - Engineering contractors, selected Main Automation Contractor/instrument/package/telecoms suppliers, Topsides construction contractor
- Internal (Project) - Field Operations, Package managers (SPS, UFR, FPU),
- Internal (Company) - Technical entities from headquarters (DSO/DW, DSO/IP/TEC, DSO/IP/EXP)
Technical and execution:
- Engage package managers, operations and engineering contractor to ensure clear scopes of work, functional requirements and performance criteria balancing needs of Operations and Maintenance with available project budget.
- Guide work within the FPU and SPS Packages to ensure that schedule, technical, quality and HSES requirements are met or exceeded.
- Develop ICSS specific risk register and management plan
- Report to Engineering Manager and FPU Package Manager for all work activities within area of responsibility, bringing to earliest attention of FPU Package Manager issues which present a significant threat to the Package and offer mitigating measures / work plans
- Coordinate with ENGINEER and ICSS contractor, the ICSS & Packages PLCs & other systems activities for the project.
- Lead and Assist the Engineering and Procurement contractor with the specification and design of the Integrated Control & Safety System (ICSS) for the project
- Follow up and supervise Engineering and Procurement Contractor, The ICSS supplier and the Topsides Construction Contractor for the ICSS studies to be carried out for the project
- Manage the instrument discipline during engineering, construction up to pre-commissioning and provide assistance/support to commissioning/start-up personnel
- Overview, participate and have direct influence over factory acceptance and site acceptance testing of components and system
- Support operations in developing functional requirements for HMI specification, operator training simulator, centralized commissioning and instrument/equipment health monitoring.
- Lead or coordinate studies in Human Factors balancing Operational requirements with project economics and company guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate the work with the process design team, the safety design team and the operation team to define and implement all the requirements in the ICSS
- Provide prompt response to site queries and unexpected technical problems
Accountable to the Engineering Manager for:
- Act as Focal Point of Contact for the ICSS scope for the project, and interface with HQ, suppliers, construction and engineering contractors
- Coordinate HQ support and prepare potential General Specifications derogation on ICSS topics
- Participate in project meetings and reviews (i.e. design reviews, Interface meetings, HAZIDs / HAZOPs / technical reviews, constructability reviews, workshops)
- Overview and lead internally all ICSS and instrumentation activities and teams
- Prepare project documentation when required
- Review and comment on project documentation from external consultants and engineering contractors and subcontractors
- Define, follow up and evaluate the ICSS discipline studies to be carried out by Engineering and Procurement Contractor and ICSS Contractor
- Overview and Promote all instrument design and procurement related work to reduce and optimize onshore work and offshore work
- Contribute to the technical evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractors and ICSS supplier
- Lead the ICSS integration activities with the involved supplier and contractor and ensure successful integration of the instrumentation and ICSS equipment in the topsides construction yard
- Manage and coordinate with the ENGINEER all the integration tests and site test required to finalize the integration of the ICSS equipment and related instrumentation on the topsides construction yard
- Monitor the interfaces with all packages in relation to ICSS & instrumentation disciplines
- Contribute to smooth completion before handover to the Operations team
- Participate in technical reviews during the engineering, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases
- Responsible and manage the operational performance tests to be done offshore with the ICSS system and ensure successful completion of these test
- Establish and maintain ICSS lessons learned register and contribute to project lessons learned. Liaise with colleagues in ICSS on previous projects to capture lessons learned.
- Managing the ICSS Engineering activities during the Project FEED and Detailed Engineering phase
- Respecting HSE rules and requirements and ensuring that the design and the resulting operations will be performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering (MS preferred)
- PE registration in Texas (preferred)
- 15+ years' experience in the same technical area working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions including engineering management
- Experience in control systems, interface management, Fiber optic, Network architecture, offshore installation & yards
- Specialization: Automation, Process Control, ESD and F&G
- Specialist with extensive experience of field instrumentation as well as control and safety systems.
- Detailed experience of the operating and control philosophy of offshore plants.
- Firsthand knowledge of Floating facilities
- Firsthand knowledge of safe working practices on offshore construction projects
- Firsthand knowledge of GOM Deep Water Developments
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.