Job Description We're seeking an expert in financial risk modelling and investment risk analysis. Are you interested in coaching more junior members of the Risk Analysis team and supporting all of SAMCo as a member of various project teams? This is a role that will grow your leadership skills, as you contribute to SAMCO's future success. What's the role?
Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) is the dedicated in-house asset manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc group, sponsored pension funds and insurance companies.
The primary role of the Risk Analysis team is to deliver (investment) risk analysis for client reports, investment proposals, or portfolio reviews on both a regular and ad-hoc basis. Risk Analysts work across the teams in the department and are actively involved in the interfaces with other SAMCo departments, so a strong collaborative attitude is required. At the heart of SAMCo, you will be working together with important stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
Each risk analyst has a focus on a particular asset class: Equity, Fixed Income and Alternatives, which are periodically rotated. The intent is to provide the analysts with a diverse development opportunity during their tenor, whilst building in-depth knowledge and providing clear focal points to the wider organisation. Analysts perform both individual and cross-asset class analysis, and work closely with their front office counterparts, providing constructive challenge and feedback.
Your main responsibilities as Senior Risk Analyst are:
- To act as a subject matter expert on financial risk modelling and risk analysis for the department, coaching more junior members of the Risk Analysis team and supporting all of SAMCo as a member of various project teams;
- To coordinate ongoing business activities for the team, ensuring high quality delivery through clear prioritisation and assignment of accountability for specific deliverables;
- To maintain a sound understanding of the client portfolios and asset classes in order to facilitate accurate, focused and insightful analysis of the portfolio, and hence establish credibility with our stakeholders;
- To critically challenge client investment proposals to ensure that various risk factors have been appropriately considered and addressed;
- To analyse (complex) financial instruments, providing for example risk attributions and factor analysis, and when needed develop tools to support these activities;
- To support the configuration, maintenance and enhancement of our financial risk engine.
- Seek opportunities to simplify and standardise processes, and to drive improvements in the risk analysis capabilities of the team, leading the implementation of the identified opportunities.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What we need from you
We're keen to hear from men and women with relevant experience in risk modelling and risk analysis. Along with your degree in a quantitative subject like engineering, econometrics, mathematics or quantitative finance, to Masters level or combined with a relevant qualification in financial investment or risk (CFA or FRM), we'd hope to also see the following on your CV:
An inclusive place to work
- Substantial experience in financial investment management with experience of applying quantitative financial risk methods, modelling of financial instruments and delivery of investment risk analysis;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, VBA and/or Matlab. Knowledge of Bloomberg, Python, SQL and/or data management is an advantage;
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English and the ability to convey complex analysis in a concise, understandable manner;
- Pro-active attitude; the ability to identify and solve problems, think independently and drive for improvements;
- A collaborative approach, working with other teams to deliver results, building trust and having the courage to challenge others on their views.
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.