Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Wareham, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be an integral part of a multi-skilled team working at our Wytch Farm Oil Field near Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset.
Wytch Farm produces from 12 remote well sites, via infield flow lines to a central oil & gas gathering station, where separation, stabilisation, water injection, gas compression/drying/fractionation, oil export, power generation, sales gas export, LPG storage and LPG export takes place. We are currently seeking an Instrument Technician who will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and operational testing of instrument related equipment and systems to ensure efficient, reliable and safe operation of our production facility.
This role operates on a rotational pattern of 4 X 10.5 hr shifts - 06:45/17:15. (Starting alternately on a Monday then Tuesday). The working pattern during projects and shutdowns may change and overtime may be required as circumstances dictate.
Key responsibilities include:
Working within a multi-disciplined team to safely operate and maintain our Wytch Farm Oilfield within the operational and maintenance procedures. Maximising the plant availability in the processing of Oil received from our various well sites
- Maintenance to be completed using the company standards and procedures.
- Complete scheduled and breakdown maintenance activities on the following:
- Safety Systems, Fire & Gas Systems, Flow Measurement Systems
- Pressure, Temperature and Level Control
- Gas Detection
- DCS Systems
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control Systems
- Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures
- Completion of Maximo work orders and ensure generation of new work requests to highlight plant and equipment failure
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period to ensure that maintenance is completed in an efficient manner.
- Provide assistance for projects, working with vendors and sub-contractors as required
- Comply with the requirements of Change Management policies e.g. Plant Modifications Proposals
- Employ Perenco Observation Safety Techniques (POST) to report safe and unsafe acts
- Actively participate in a responsible waste management system
- Attend and participate in the Operations shift meetings
- Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to and actively promoted at all times
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
- Hold an accredited apprenticeship or an HNC equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas Industry is desirable although applications from a related Industry will be considered.
- Experience working with ATEX equipment (Compex Trained) is desirable but not essential.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
- Discretionary Bonus