Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bring us your experience as a reward practitioner and we will give you the opportunity to deliver reward for our Trading & Supply (T&S) business, a highly commercial and diverse global business where you will be partnering with top level leaders. This is a perfect opportunity for those that thrive in a fast-paced environment and wish to develop within an inclusive multinational company.
Where you fit
You'll be part of the Shell Reward Centre of Excellence supporting the T&S business reporting to our Reward Manager T&S. You will be one of two individuals that is accountable for global design and delivery of bonus remuneration for this portfolio which includes 1,300 employees across 7 hub locations and c1,000 shipping fleet professionals that operate within a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Given the nature of Trading remuneration in the marketplace and additionally Shipping's subsidiary environment, this area of reward is unique and specialised being the perfect place to practice reward in a fast-paced, challenging and highly dynamic environment.
Shell's T&S business is one of the world's most successful trading houses and ensuring that our people are remunerated correctly is a pivotal aspect of retaining and growing our business. Your work will make a significant difference.
What's the role?
You will be using your strong business partnering skills to collaborate with our HR Business Partners and T&S Leadership to ultimately ensure that the annual bonus cycle in trading is delivered consistently according to our principles and to time. Some key activities you will be involved in are as follows:
- Supporting the annual bonus determination and delivery process for Traders - including collation of feedback for inclusion in performance ratings and bonus review decisions.
- Delivery of the annual Deferred Bonus Plan award and pay-out processes in collaboration with other teams and external providers.
- Lead the annual pay review for Shipping Fleet employees.
- Partner with HR Managers to develop competitive pay pressure responses as required.
- Work with Finance teams for bonus accruals, annual workforce planning activities and audit teams as and when required.
- Drive continuous improvement in our processes, tools and policies and project work as needed to respond to an evolving business and regulatory environment.
This role has great exposure and is a fantastic first assignment in Shell offering flexibility for future roles within the reward community and beyond.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
We want to talk to men and women who have strong numerical and analytical skills with some experience in reward within a commercial environment (minimum of 2 reward cycles) experience of working with a trading business is an advantage. You will be someone that is calm under pressure with strong organisation and stakeholder management skills with a flare for problem solving.
Beyond that, we're keen to see as many of the following attributes on your CV:
- Strong written communication.
- A track record of influencing stakeholders, both internal and external including outside of direct sphere of influence.
- Knowledge of reward principles, policies and working with significant data sets.
- The HR function in Shell continues to be on a journey to world class with employee centricity and digital experience at its core. Experience of working with systems and systems change would be an advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video