At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
In a dynamic environment, the resource shall be responsible for the QG LNG trains monitoring and to identifying improvement for the electrical power generation trains and/or motocompression trains.
He/She will act as unique entry point for the Customer from train commissioning and start-up to stable operation, taking the lead of all improvement initiatives as well as supporting customer in the LNG production.
Given the complex nature of the QG LNG trains she/he will also take care of the interaction between GT, EM and VFD ensuring the best exploitation of the train capabilities. She/he will be responsible to optimize train's logics in order to optimize reliability, availability and overall efficiency.
She/he will lead all the strategic initiatives related to the optimization of the LNG 's train operation, promoting the adoption of new technologies.
She/he will lead the definition of the business case to support QG in adopting new technologies across the QG fleet. Essential Responsibilities:
- Read Customer contractual specifications, technical selection of all electrical items in scope of supply (ie Electrical MV generators, MCC, DCP, Batteries, Control Cab, Electrical MV motor, MV Variable Speed Drive Systems), purchase specificationss preparation and if necessary technical alignment of supplier technical proposals;
- Prepare technical documentation during the engineering development phase, Suppliers engineering and documentation follow-up;
- Carry out engineering design reviews with suppliers and customers to ensure compliance with customer contractual specifications, root cause analysis and project applicable international rules;
- Interface in effective way with project team members (PE, PM, DE's) and other involved functions (ie Sourcing, Sales and Application Team, manufacturing team);
- Provide a timely and effective communication on project status or significant criticalities.
- Masters' degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering;
- At least 4 years of experience within an engineering environment in similar positions
- Technical knowledge of electrical item design and selection (rotating machines, MV/LV panels, Adjustable speed drive systems) and related technical issues;
- PC proficiency, Matlab/Simulink/DIgSILENT simulation tools.
- Knowledge of international stds (ie IEC, NEMA, ISO, API..) covering electrical rotating machines, adjustable speed drives, MV/LV panels;
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more