Skills: Subsea Engineering, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oslo, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SURF System Controls Engineer
Duration: 6 -12 month initial contract
Rate: Negotiable day rate
Start date: Urgent
A client of Leap29 in Norway are looking for a SURF System Controls Engineer for their international projects, including Singapore, Gabon and Brazil.
In this position, you will be responsible for serving as a Subsea Systems Controls specialist within a multi-disciplinary department charged with developing engineering plans, support to large subsea system projects. You will support execution of subsea projects by providing technical expertise, project management skills to multiple technically challenging subsea projects internationally.
Below are the expected responsibilities / duties and the requisite experience / education.
The SURF System Controls Engineer will provide the specific engineering expertise within subsea system controls to tender, engineer and execute all projects carried out.
The SURF Team is responsible for all Engineering associated with the design and installation activities, including but not limited to preparation of method statements, procedures and installation analysis. As part of the SURF Team, the SURF System Controls Project System Engineer will be responsible for producing deliverables in support of the bid and/or projects.
• Function as a technical lead/specialist in a large EPCI/ System type projects, with responsibility for the work scope and milestones.
• Support to system design in large subsea project proposals and equipment contract
• Define procurement specifications for large subsea hardware such as topside and subsea control systems, manifolds, valves, PLET/PLEMs
• Interface between subsea and topside/FPSO disciplines across the full subsea supply chain.
• Technical System management during the execution phase of projects
• System Integration Testing definition, planning and execution.
• Handling the system selection, FEED, and execution phases of prospect development
• Subsea Control System Structures design and procurement with support within the project team.
• Development of subsea system field concepts and optimization in relation to Company strategy
• Work in multiple assignments and be flexible to travel for short assignments
• Master's degree in Engineering
• Bachelor's degree or long relevant experience may replace formal education
• Ideally 10 years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
• Ideally 5 years of experience within the SURF or FPSO industry
• Lead experience onshore and offshore
• Team player with the ability to lead
• Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
• Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
• Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
• Ability to deliver high quality work on time
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment
• Excellent managerial skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Good exposure to Subsea Controls Equipment (Turret, topsides hardware, umbilical's, distribution systems and tree equipment)
• In depth knowledge Electrical, Instrument & Hydraulic design
• Strong subsea generalist' background including experience with layout and concept selection
• Offshore experience with Construction on FPSO or construction vessels
• Engineering design and fabrication activities and FAT tasks
• Experience in Pipeline and umbilical routing
• Familiarity with SURF equipment, including familiarity with material selection
• Fluency of ERP systems (IFS application preferred), and strong competency in Microsoft Office
• In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification and verification societies and international rules and regulations
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!