The Internship is designed to enable undergraduates pursing a Bachelor-level or Master-level degree to have hands-on work experience as the foundation to their professional life and, depending on performance, be first-in-line for an ongoing career opportunity.
Internships are typically three to six months long, but can be as long as twenty-four months structured learning experience that offers practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry while undertaking one core complex project to generate value for Baker Hughes and act as a vehicle for you to demonstrate your capability and commitment. In addition to project execution you will have the opportunity to explore different aspects of the Baker Hughes business which may open up potential opportunities for your ongoing employment. Furthermore, you will build your network within the industry.
During the internship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, as well as working on projects and presenting the results to business leaders. You will also be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines and take the opportunity to demonstrate your capability of exceeding requirements.
During your internship you will be assigned a buddy who will help you assimilate into the team. You will also be supported by your manager who will guide you to ensure that you have a really valuable learning experience.
The internship will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure that customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology in challenging work environments.
If you join Baker Hughes as an intern you would have first-hand experience of our culture by participating in a structured learning program that will use, and enhance the knowledge and skills gained from your degree program. If you are successful in the selection process the specific details of your internship assignment will be explained to you prior to your start date.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work on an assignment/project within Oil & Gas Industry to stretch your learning and skillset .
- Receive active coaching and mentoring
- Use your academic knowledge to complete assigned project(s), deliver customer outcomes and improve the operation of our business
- Learn and utilize software associated with assigned tasks
- Network globally and cross-functionally with other interns; interact with global business leaders cross-functionally
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Currently Enrolled in a Bachelor-level degree program or Master-level degree program
- Maintain a GPA (grade) greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Currently in your final or penultimate year of studies
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Legal right to work without restrictions and/or company sponsorship in Saudi Arabia.
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, teamwork and collaboration, drive for results, and initiative in addition to involvement in student societies or volunteer work.Locations:
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more