Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are looking for a Mexican/ Argentinian Qualified Lawyer to join the LSC, who we can train and develop to be resourceful and a well-rounded professional for a long-term career within our company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handles day-to-day routine legal tasks as per the Legal Support Centre Service Catalogue and provides legal support to the Geomarket Legal Counsel, Legal Support Centre Manager or Legal & Compliance Team Lead. The Service Catalogue covers contracts, compliance, legal knowledge management, litigation, IP, M&A and corporate legal tasks;
- Supports the Legal Support Centre Manager, Legal & Compliance Team Lead and GeoMarket Legal Counsel in their interaction with the Product Lines and Geomarket support functions and departments to ensure the Legal Department's involvement in all matters that may have a legal impact on Schlumberger;
- Assists the Legal Support Centre Manager to implement workflows, processes, procedures, practices, guidelines, playbooks and templates;
- Participates in the Legal Department training and development initiatives and completes all assigned training;
- Participates in assigned Legal Department Management strategic initiatives;
- Must become familiar with and use all Legal Department systems and tools and contribute to the Legal Knowledge Management System, LawHub and assists with the maintenance and content update of the GeoMarkets' Legal webpages.
Experience and Key Competencies:
- Degree in Law in Argentina/ Mexico. Qualified Lawyer
- Exceptional academic scores
- Proficiency in English must.
- The Attorney, Legal Support Centre is an entry level position for lawyers entering the Legal Department.
- Freshers welcome, though
- An ability to work within a team in an open-plan and dynamic environment;
- Must display an aptitude for following processes and attention to detail;
- Technologically literate and comfortable with basic Power point, MS Word and Excel.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to pro-actively organize and prioritize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with, as well as support, effective partnerships with peers, subordinates and stake holders
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.