Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage product costing and inventory valuation; fixed assets, general ledger; and cost center accounting
- Organize profit center reporting
- Coordinate projects
- Recognize revenue
- Arrange allocations
- Work closely with the Operations to ensure that the operations within the Geomarket is conducted in compliance with the local laws (i.e. importation, license to operate, bidding requirements...etc.)
- Identify vendor re-pricing opportunities and participate in major contract negotiation with Supply Chain Services
- Analyze utilization ratios to highlight inefficient locations/sub-Product Lines and create opportunities to maximize value of resources
- Review and examine the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities, with a view to maximizing the product line's return on investment
The successful candidate will likely have 5+ years' experience in similar positions;
- Geomarket Operations Controller, Geomarket Operations Manager, Geomarket OPRM Manager, Geomarket TLM Manager, Geomarket Sales & Com Managers, Geomarket SSO Manager, Geomarket HR Manager
- PL Controller
- Financial Analyst
- Assistant General Accounting Manager
- Understanding of Product Line value proposition, price structure, and technology differentiators vs. Competitors
- Practical application of Product Line specific accounting complexities such as costs/revenue
- Awareness of store processes to ensure optimal store level
- Knowledge of inventory processes, evaluating obsolescence provision adequacy, and assessment of future business needs
Apply here: company website
Make your next step the right one.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.