Baker Hughes is seeking a UX director, who will be responsible for leading a team of user experience and visual designers to create incredible digital customer experience and help us bring value to our customers in new ways for innovative solutions into the industry. Ensure products meet high standards of usability and design excellence, works cross-functionally to evaluate, design and test enhancements, plans standards for design concept and evaluates technologies against industry standards to ensure compliance. Will partner successfully with product leadership and stakeholders to deliver and launch multiple products simultaneously.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of UX Director, you will:
- Establish strategic plans and best practices for UX design and software innovation process by recommending improved deliverables.
- Define a clear design strategy, UX architecture and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience.
- Lead UX and service design projects/workshops.
- Chipping in with hands-on UX work, by creating sketches or wireframes.
- Educating clients on UX Design principles and value.
- Champion a high level of creativity that fosters positive engagement and collaboration within the team, as well as cross functionally with other teams.
- Guide the team toward ongoing improvements by using client feedback, data, metrics and analytic findings.
- Implement UX culture and principles within the organization
- Establishing internal UX Design frameworks and methodologies.
- Understand how UX fits into the product lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, Industrial Design or in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in product or service design
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 12 years of experience in product or service design
- Commitment to working with Product Managers, Digital Customer Experience teams to ensure focus throughout product design process
- Proven track record of owning or playing a major role in the user experience/interaction design of products, sites and / or applications
Corpus Christi, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more