Baker Hughes, (BH), has an opening for a Software Lead Engineer based in Houston, TX. The Lead Software Engineer may be required to work on more than one project concurrently, reporting to the Software Team Leader. The position holds responsibility for software development, update, testing and maintenance tasks within the assigned projects.Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform tasks within the software engineering scope for various projects.
- Supervision of a small team of software engineers, as required.
- Regular reporting of individual project progress and resource status.
- Review and technical input of project plans.
- Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks relating to software requirements.
- Assist the Supply Chain Management Function with procurement/sub-contract activities, including variation order requests.
- Preparation and review of requirements, design, interface and test documentation, within company and client defined contractual and quality requirements.
- Generation of work scope/definition and task lists within the software team.
- Provide technical support and guidance within the software team.
- Review of individual task solutions, ensuring cross-project standardization and resource optimization.
- Support of technical and project execution audits, both internal and external.
- Participation in project close-out and lessons learned activities
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in an IT or engineering position)
- 3+ years software/electrical engineering work experience within an Oil & Gas controls environment.
- Proven automation (SCADA) experience with specific focus on PLC logic and HMI/GUI development.
- Knowledge of computer networking, including Ethernet configuration.
- Core logic skills and experience, including data bit handling.
- Experience of interfacing with instrumentation over a variety of interfaces (for example, Pressure/Temperature/Flow sensors via Modbus/CAN bus/PROFIBUS/OPC).
- SQL/Database development experience.
- Mathematical knowledge to enable tasks such as data scaling/conversion of certain instrumentation data.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Software Life Cycle -(Requirements/Design/Implementation/Test/Review/Release/Maintainenance).
- Experience in successfully delivering small/large scale projects.
- Ability to travel as required at short notice.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software/Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years software/electrical engineering work experience within an Oil & Gas controls environment.
- Production Controls Systems knowledge.
- Offshore trained with current certifications (BOSIET-HUET/EBS).
- Product Lifecycle Management knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Subsea Topside architecture and an ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
- Excellent comprehension of software methodologies and development processes, with ownership of process improvements and quality.
Houston, TX or Offshore - Gulf of Mexico
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more