Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a Digital Communications Content Specialist to support the day-to-day content development needs and overall content strategy of Baker Hughes global HR platforms, including Workday, our learning management system and HR intranet pages. In this role, you will plan, create, and publish content, as well as serve as the key editorial voice across HR internal digital platforms.
Reporting to the senior communications manager for the Human Resources function, you will also partner closely with the HR technology optimization team and various HR partners to ensure content aligns with overall internal communications and HR strategies and messages.
In the role of Digital Communications Content Specialist, you will:
- Manage and lead the production of content for global HR platforms, both as a contributor and by managing internal resources and creative agencies
- Produce, edit, and publish global HR content aligned with HR, employee communications, and brand priorities, including written, video, and other types of content
- Manage and oversee the production of content for new and existing intranet pages, campaigns, and interactive applications
- Set editorial standards, guidance, and rhythm for content on all HR internal platforms
- Develop an editorial calendar and process rigor to support operation and publishing
- Act as 'corporate reporter' - unearthing compelling content that meets strategic priorities to develop proactive storytelling
- Establish clear KPIs to measure and evaluate, and continuously optimize content through traffic, engagement and conversions
- Collaborate with internal partners (HR teams, Workday team, Communications, Digital Technology and others) to curate content that will engage target audiences and address all critical business requirements
- Partner with external systems providers and other partner agencies as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or Public Relations from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in web-based content development, communications or marketing
- Excellent writing and editorial skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messages and layout
- An understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity
- Experience in digital content creation and content strategy development and execution
- Execution-oriented with a collaborative mindset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, as well as with external partners to drive success
- Self-starter with hands-on, natural leadership and the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity to establish credibility with partners and business leaders
- Some experience with cloud-based HR technologies, such as Workday, or other content management systems
- Basic graphic design or video editing experience
- Stays abreast of current trends in Web design, usability, and information architecture
- Houston, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more