Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
This position will coordinate the Company's Five-Year Projection process, analyze potential acquisition targets and assist the Financial Planning & Analysis team in the preparation of various analyses and reports to support Senior Management decision-making. This is an entry level role for individuals with a high-potential to advance to management positions within the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Transocean's Five-Year Projection process: Prepare financial modeling of projected consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows:
- Gather and understand financial assumptions from Senior Management and key process owners, interpret and model assumptions using advanced Excel skills
- Based on company's strategy and understanding of the business environment and industry, challenge assumptions to ensure integrity and coherence of model's inputs
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting of the model outputs, including financial statements and ratios, to support decision making related to asset strategy liquidity management, M&A and other key decisions
- Prepare variance analyses and sensitivities
- Assist the Controller function in Impairment testing by providing valuations of Transocean assets and draft documentation to memorialize conclusions.
- Coordinate interaction with external auditors
- Respond to ad hoc enquiries from senior management and Board of Directors as channeled through reporting line
Prepare internal analysis on potential targets for acquisition activities:
- Develop business cases to be presented to the Company's Board of Directors including detailed financial models of potential targets
- Compare and analyze differences with external valuations (advisors, auditors, analysts, investment banks, etc.)
Assist with the budget and forecast process and support worldwide marketing efforts to provide financial assistance in relation with tendering activities
With the Treasury function to update the monthly cash forecast. Identify material deviations from the latest approved Five-Year Projections and estimate the future cash impacts
Perform ad-hoc analysis for Treasurer and other senior functional leads, as needed/requested
Occasionally interact with various external constituencies, including investment bankers, auditors, advisors, counsel etc.
The preferred candidate should have an undergraduate degree in business or finance, or possess equivalent experience. An MBA would be viewed favorably. A working understanding of accounting principles and financial statements/analysis is required.
The Candidate should have approximately two years of relevant experience in financial planning roles
Proficiency with financial modeling is a prerequisite and experience with asset valuation would be highly beneficial. The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting at all levels of the organization, including with senior management
- Ability to work individually and in a group environment and develop strong, collaborative relationships with all departments. Should be comfortable dealing with non-financial matters as well, such as engineering and operational aspects of the drilling business
- Highly creative; must be able to analyze requests to conceptualize the best approach and then move forward independently to deliver requested output
- Ability to critically identify and gather required information, assimilate different perspectives and approaches, and share synthesized information with others
- Self-starter, work independently and accurately, ability to determine the best approach without detailed guidance from manager
- Ability to work on various tasks simultaneously and complete them efficiently
- Knowledge of the broader energy industry is preferable
- Microsoft Excel: advanced level with VBA programming for complex modeling
- Strong knowledge of the three major financial statements and how they are interconnected
- Ability to solve issues, identify and repair "broken" or suboptimal processes to achieve desired output
- Strong aptitude for IT systems, including PeopleSoft, Essbase/Smartview, Bloomberg as well as ability to develop in-depth understanding of our in-house applications including APT, IT2, Mkt.com
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to help both co-workers within Financial Planning and throughout the company
- Demeanor and ability to interact as an advisor to the Company's senior-most executives
- Ability, flexibility and dedication to work in a fast-paced environment and meet sometimes very short deadlines
Ability to deliver under occasionally very tight deadlines.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.